Friday, January 25, 2008

Wildly Important Goals (WIG) 2008

I have been extremenly busy this week with goals and strategies setting for my department. Meetings after meetings, fine tuning and cracking my head (and my engineers' head) over strategies to be taken to meet the goals set, established scoreboards, getting everyone in and out of the department to align to the goals.......

Still fine tuning..... Hubby shared material on one recent training he went to which entitled "4 Disciplines of Execution" by Steven Covey. The training stressed on effective execution and focussing on just wildly important goals (WIG), so I was asking myself what is my department wildly important goal(s), where meeting it, is so super important and critical that no other goals really matter if this WIG is not met.

So I've been injecting this question to my downline... What is your WIG this year? I guessed my engineers must have thought this boss may have lost her mind and turned wild this year......... ha ha ha... That's how consultant make money nowadays, they just add the word "Wild" and make it sound like a brand new concept, it's actually setting important goal(s), nothing new......

Headache, headache........ I've been under stress lately that I dreamt I was tested positive for number three!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

number 3 in the dream? you are really under stress! hehe...

Wai Wai said...

Dorene, I think it's due to so many baby births and pregnancy news lately (my neighbor's delivered a girl, my church member delivered a boy, 4 friends are pregnant now....)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin