Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kiasumum - Art Class

I enrolled Michelle in an art class and yesterday was the first day. Actually I wanted to do so much earlier but this mommy keep on forgetting... not until I got to know that my neighbor also sent her daughter to an art class nearby our place. I checked the place out and it's quite interesting, I can see a lot of art works displayed on the wall, they were real nice and can't believe all came from children at young age, they have a spacious space to work on art works, real nice with sea creatures and animals all over the place, most done with recycle objects.

The reason of sending Michelle to the class is to help her to do her homework faster when she enter into primary school next year, I heard from my hairstylist that they need to do quite a bit of drawing and coloring at school. Homework can be a lot especially if you are going to Chinese medium school, call me "kiasu mum" or what I don't want to be helping my kid with her homework with my left hand (I heard a lot of stories about that)he he he.

So I was quite impressed of what Michelle did for her first class, she copied a drawing from her teacher (a girl on a slide), colored a portion of it, I must say it is quite a piece of work (knowing her drawing & coloring skill at home), she seems to enjoy it and I hope I'm doing the right thing. Well, Emily wanted to stay on the class also but on second thought, Emily said "Mommy, send me when I'm sixlah har, I'm still so small" That's my lil Emily - always finding ways "not to overwork herself".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

emily is really smart...unlike the old dorene...

MamaJo said...

Me too, I have enroll Jona for Art class since early this year, and other classes too....Reason: I have no helper and can't manage 2 boys at one go....he,he....

by the way, Emily so clever in rejecting your offer...while my Isaac keep pestering me to enroll him together with his kor kor....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin