Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Little toe was hurt

I met with a little mishap in Philippines, the mishap happened in the bathroom while I was attending to the room service ordered. I slipped and sprained my second toe on my left foot, nah I took a picture of it after bearing the agonizing pain for a few minutes...... hmm... looking at the picture, not something to worry about eh?


That's what I thought also, so I slipped into bed, watched TV and went straight to bed, can't really sleep well, I prayed that it will get better the next morning because I still have plenty to accomplish for the next two days...

I woke up in the morning and the whole foot was like so numb, I analysed my poor toe, it's not getting better, it has worsen....


It hurts and I trained myself to walk using my last 3 toes, crippled my way to the bathroom, washed up, then went up to the 31st floor for breakfast and down to the lobby to wait for my colleague. I then crippled to her vehicle.... it was so nice of her to send me to the nearest local hospital and then to a physio later in the afternoon, thank God no bones fractured, just bruises. I was adviced to apply ice treatment every other hour.... So I retreated early, went back to the hotel and applied ice.

Getting better now, the swell has subsided but still very blue black... for the past few days, I've been putting my weight on the last 3 toes, was as slow as a snail and I'm becoming to forget how to walk right now. Latest picture that I took (on Monday night)...


This incident made me realized how precious my toe is, not even a single little part of our body is of less important..... I'm also more careful in bathrooms now...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin