Monday, January 19, 2009

Bean awards

We bought a new book for our story telling time since we have finished with the 2nd book and yesterday lesson was about being cheerful and kind. The book suggest an activity at the end of each story, I improvised the activity to add on more elements. We are supposed to have a jar and some beans, over the week a bean will be placed in the jar whenever a child complains or acted grumpy when asked to help somebody. We are supposed to count number of beans collected (if any) at the end of the week and share our learning...

This is what I did.... since I wanted the kids to learn to appreciate one another and say more positive and good words (they complain about each other all the time!!), I divided the container into 3 compartments - one for "complain - :(", one for "angry :(" and the last one for "say good words :)", one each for Emily and Michelle. Michelle helped me in the preparation... since they already started to say good words last night (not very sincere though cause the motive is to earn the beans only), anyhow I awarded them a bean each this morning...

The girls are excited over it and over lunch today both of them were contemplating to complain about each other, when I asked them "are you complaining??", they immediately responded "ar... nolah and showed their cheeky look". So far it works wonderfully...

We'll see the results at the end of the week....

The containers...one for Michelle and one for Emily..




My container - hold by the judge, that's me...he he he

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin