Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Super Duper Mom, Wife....

I once read a parenting book that while a father is the head of the family, mother is the heart of the family, therefore it is very natural that a mother's heart is always for the family especially the needs of our children and spouse.

I remembered when I first got married, I felt bad not being back home on time to cook dinner and when I had my children felt guilty of not spending more time with them, not cooking for them, not being there all the time when they were sick or just recovered from any illness, not caring enough for them....etc.

I'm sure a lot of moms out there do feel the same at certain time of your motherhood, deep inside us we want to be a super wife, a super mom, a super daughter, a super DIL and a super employee. But the fact is often times we cannot be one and the more we attempt to do so, we will end up being more stressed up, feeling inadequate and sometimes a total failure, worst still a total breakdown...

I guess it's part of the process and journey of life as a wife, mother and a woman.
I'm now learning to take things easy (though sometimes it's easier said than done), less critical on myself, expect less , plan less, things need not have to be in super orderly/systematic manner and take things one at a time.....

I believe we need to "pause" and "take five" at least once a day....to start off take a little bit more time in the bathroom.... ha ha ha... I did that at times...

I would encourage mothers to share their struggles in this area.. and by doing so we may encourage each other as we journeyed through....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin