Sunday, April 13, 2008

Catching up

Last Thursday night, I had a catch up session with one of my girl friend. We just went out impromptu, fixed a place to meet and chatted for 2 hours. It was a great night. We picked up from where we left, a little bit of counseling, truth-unveiling, encouragement and life-learning session. Just as I was trying to encourage my dear friend to move on, I learned a great deal from her especially she shared with me her childhood, the dos and don’ts on your child. We both realized that little Emily has some resemblance with my friend here and she's kind enough to give me some helpful tips in handling lil old Emily.

She asked me one question: "Elaine, will I be so sure of myself when I reached your age?". Well I gave her my assurance, "Well I believe you will, just be yourself, find the real you, be the real you and I'm sure as we matured, we will be surer of ourselves", hmm.... which makes me to think... I'm old liao loh.....

I was thinking, what was my life when I was in my mid twenties, hmm.... got a job, work hard to earn a living, save a little, wanted to be married, independent, children topic was not in my mind, more sociable, weight is not a problem...........

I'm entering into another phase of my life now.... in four years I'll be XX liao...... well by God's grace I prayed that He will teach me to live life to the fullness and to matured gracefully.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin