We were all soaked up by our sweat, dried by the air-conditioning the next moment, now imagine this happen repeatedly...... we were dragged out of our bed at 6.30am and back to the hotel only after 8.00pm... that's the nature of a package tour...
Over 5 days, we travelled to 7/8 major cities covering 17oo km, crossed numerous tunnels and mountains (2/3 of Taiwan are mountains), went to 4 night markets, 3 major scenic spots (Yehliu Geopark, Taroko Gorge, Sun Moon Lake), a tribal village, 3commercial places (ling zhi, royal jelly, jade), 2 major temples, 2 memorial halls, a peacock farm, a hot spring spa, the national museum........
What do I enjoy out of the trip?
1) The east coast journey on the road, the sea, land and mountain view are nice
2) The Taroko Gorge & Sun Moon Lake
3) An interesting dining place where the interior and external deco are spectacular
4) A jaguzzi in our room
5) The mountain tribal people's performance
6) The experience of a typhoon (simulation only)
7) Looking at the exotic/creative food in the night markets but don't have guts to try them... :(
What are not so enjoyable...
1) Waiting time.....not all are punctual
2) The scorching sun... I suffered sore throat for a few days and mild fever on the second day
3) The long journey in the bus
Overall I rate the trip 50% only...... if ever we wanted to go back to Taiwan again, it is going to be a light and easy trip just like mamajo's....
Below are some snapshots:
White bitter gourd.... the drink suppose to soothens your throat and prevent pimples..
Famous, gigantic Taiwan sausages...
Milky Mangos, the fertilizer are processed using expired milk..
Deep fried octopus..
Yehliu Geopark, the famous "queen's head"
East coast, sea and mountain view... (taken in the bus)
Sun Moon Lake
Taipei 101, tallest skyscrapper