Friday, January 22, 2010

Why things are not smooth sailing...

A very close friend asked me why bad things happened to us and worst still why bad things happened at a time when we thought we had it all, it could be at the peak of our career, the best years of our lives, the smooth sailing and have it all moment… To that question I honestly told her that I don’t know but one thing I’m sure of is it happened for a purpose. God allows it to happen for a good purpose in His special plan for each of His children…The following quote came to me:


“God didn't promise days without pain,
laughter without sorrow,
sun without rain,
but He did promise
strength for the day,
comfort for the tears
and light for the way.”

So even we do not understand now (most often times we don’t), we will when He decides to reveal to us.

Coming to think of her question… it made me think why certain “bad” things happened to me and below are some reveals from the Lord..

* Why I had to suffer a break-up in the first serious relationship – so that I could find someone who is just right for me and that someone is my loving hubby for the past 10 years
* Why I had to go through a miscarriage when I was first diagnosed as a mother – so that I could comfort those who are in the same position
* Why my mom had to leave us in such a short period of time – so that I see the urgency of salvation in her life
* Why I had to leave the comfort of my 10 over years secured career and landed for something which pays me only ½ of what I used to earn – so that I realized the gift in me, use it, and yet not bothered by material accumulation

Only God knows why, at the mean time all we need to do is to cling on to Him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin