Thursday, September 2, 2010

Class of '89

Before - 1978 - Then, when we were 6 years old

After - 2010 - Now, when we were 3X years old


Last Saturday my family and I made a trip down to KL, mainly for my high school (Class of ’89) gathering. We made a stop at Kampar, picked up my dad and off we drove to my sister’s place for a 3 days 2 nights trip.

When one of my friend (Gek Soon, wonderful guy, thumbs up to him and the rest who chipped in to arrange things for this gathering) posted on FB that the gathering is on, I was a few early birds that actually clicked “Accept” to the event invitation. Soon after many who were aware of the event also clicked “Accept” and in 2-3 months time we have over 20 who confirmed their presence and on that day itself almost 50 turned up (some with spouse and kids).

As hubby dropped me at the hotel lobby and I took the lift up to the venue, I’ve mixed feeling, it’s like every step I took leads me down to memory lane.. 38, 37, 36 and when the lift finally opened and I stepped into the private hall I was 17 again. Truly it was like 17 again. I began to see familiar faces and as I walk further into the room it was like back in the good old high school times. We hugged, shoke hands and exchanged those familiar nostalgic smile with one another, it was awesome and amazing.

It’s really nice to know that those who turned up are doing well and in best of health, of course after some 21 long donkey years, appearance wise some have gone bald, some double the size, some never change with their ever famous hairstyle but deep inside everyone I could see, feel and smell the 17 year old in us that night.

I would say we all made it, maybe not exactly what we inspired to be in our younger days, we all turned out to be fine individuals contributing to the society in one way or another and most of us are raising kids of our own.

Well, I don’t actually get to catch up with each of them but seeing them that night was truly magical. When we got back, posted our photos over FB, from the comments posted, it seems that we could not get enough of each other, 4 hours that night was really too short for us.

So we are planning for the next big one, some suggested that we have it on the 31.08.2014 (that will be our 25th Anniversary) and the venue will be in Kampar, our dear hometown, that would be wonderful. I’m imagining us walking through our school compound, lying on the big field, taking “loh shue fun, chee cheong fun, loh mai fan etc…” and with a wide grin on our faces.

Class of ’89 is surely a great gang. Long live all of us so that we may be able to gather years after years. God bless all of you.

To catch some of our photos (now and then), please click here… and try to spot me :D

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin