Monday, January 10, 2011

My last 30 something birthday

I started this blog in Sept ’07 and for those who have been following my blog since its inception, initially it is named “Thirty something”. As time passed, I realized the name may not be applicable as I aged so “Lessons of life” is more appropriate.

I celebrated my last 30 something birthday last Thursday. For the very first time I took a day off from work, so did hubby. We went for a brief cycling trip at Gertak Sanggul, went for a drive to hubby’s new project location, confirmed on a garden set (the long over due item hubby owed me). By then it was approaching noon, we settled the children’s lunch, washed up and sent the girls to school.

Next we headed to a nice cozy restaurant for lunch, did some shopping, visited a friend and dropped by at our favourite “jati” furniture shop to select the long over due dressing table. Hubby’s pocket was definitely in pain that day. The day ended with lots of kisses and hugs from my two princesses.

As I reflect my life I thank God for His providence and guidance. I realized that without Him I would be a totally different person and would be experiencing a totally different journey of life. Life is not a bed roses but He is there to guide and carry me each step of the day. I would like to quote again what I shared during our Church’s Christmas celebration – “The family that I was brought up in, the siblings that I have, my choice of faith, life-partner, career and all life’s decisions, I realized that none of the incidences that happened in my life were merely coincidence, instead all of them were specially crafted by my Creator for in Psalms 139:13-14, it says:

“For you created my inmost being,
You knit me together in my mother’s womb,
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful”

I thank God for a wonderful 39 full solid years of my life and by God’s grace looking forward for many years to come.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin