Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My roots


I went back to Kampar specifically to check on my mom who is not feeling well. She is weak nowadays and tired easily but she is happy to see us back, some noise in the house lightened her up and her appetite improved. My sis will be back next week with my nieces to make some noise and to check on her again and then my brother’s family. I remembered my mom used to comment, “don’t come back all at once, one family at a time, I can’t cook for you all, furthermore when you all leave, everything is so quiet and it’s such a bad feeling”. Really feel heavy hearted to leave her and dad at home but life have to go on, I will just need to trust them in God’s hands. For those who are staying with your parents, please cherish them, I had to leave home when I was 19 to further my studies and every year for the past 15 years typically I only spent maybe 20 days annually at home. No matter how many children you have eventually all the birds will have to leave the nest but let’s not forget our roots.

Celebrated mom’s birthday on the 12th, I prayed for mom to be well, most importantly for her soul to be refined and her spiritual thirst quenched by the love of God. We went for a sumptuous lunch at Tanjung Tualang, a small town about 20km from Kampar, a place famous for seafood particularly the fresh water prawns and catfish. Didn’t bring my camera down… We ordered a kilo of prawns (RM55) to be steamed, a catfish (RM26) and a vegetarian tofu dish, we had a good birthday lunch, the girls kissed grandma farewell and we bid farewell to my parents who got to another car……..Here wishing mom and dad good health and joyful always, I miss my parents….

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots, the other is wings. Hodding Carter Jr.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin