Friday, January 18, 2008

Pre Lunar Chinese New Year


CNY is around the corner, born Chinese I love this season primarily is I get to see all my loved ones, eat all the marvelous home cook food, catch up with my nieces and nephews, see old friends, rekindled childhood friendships, keep all my kids’ angpows, wearing new clothes……. the list goes on. Two weeks to go before I go on a week plus long holiday (hope my boss approved the leave) but the holiday worm already gets into me. I’ll be going back to my parents’ home this weekend to help my mom with some spring cleaning, shopping and decorating job. CNY nowadays was spent lying lazily at home, chatting away and gaining some pounds. Many years back the festive season was spent doing aggressive home visitation to accumulate red packets and counting the profit, the routine stopped when I got married but have no kids of my own, I in return have to share my profit with the unmarried ones but 3 years later, was back in business after delivering my daughter and now with two kids, I generally break even every year (the amount spent giving away angpows = the amount my kids received) .

So I’m looking forward to the season, a time to reunite with my family members in the round dining table, sharing light moments together, giving thanks for the simple things in life and just relax and enjoy the company of my loved ones.

“Xin Nian Quai Le"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin