Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stir fry Udon

During my recent trip to Nibong Tebal, we dropped by at a restaurant and one of the dishes that we ordered was stir fried Udon…. Last Saturday, I went to the wet market in Lipsin and happened to spot the same “Udon” that the restaurant use, I bought 2 packets and cooked my version. According to hubby and the kids, they were delicious wor, so here I am sharing with you all the recipe:

1) 2 packets of Udon



2) Medium size prawn or any meat to your liking, marinate with 1 tsp of sugar and soya sauce and pepper for about 20 minutes
3) Vege to your liking
4) 2-3 onions, sliced
5) 10 curry leaves
6) ½ tsp grinded black pepper

Sauce:
1) 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
2) 1 teaspoon of sugar
3) 1 teaspoon of soya sauce
4) 1 teaspoon of corn flour
5) 2 tablespoon of water

Put 2-3 tablespoon of oil into work, stir fry onions until fragrant, put in prawns/meat, stir fry until meat is half cooked, put in vegetable and ½ teaspoon of salt, stir fry for another 1-2 minutes, put in Udon and ¼ cup of water. Separate the Udon using the ladle, the water should help to separate them, put in curry leaves and black pepper, cover the wok for 1-2 minutes. Pour in sauce and stir fry till sauce thickens. Serve hot... I sprinkle additional black pepper before serving.

3 comments:

MamaJo said...

Wow, look so yummy ler....I really love to eat, but, then, I really hate to cook, how ar? ha,ha....all my neigbours pity my sons, always ask me to bring them to their house, so, they can feed them...ha,ha...

Little Inbox said...

Papa Ling, Emily and Michelle are lucky to have to mama who knows to cook, right?
I never cook udon before. Surprisingly you use curry leaves to enhance the flavor.

Wai Wai said...

Mamajo, I'm motivated to cook when I see my gang obediently finished the food... ha ha ha

Little inbox, sure they are... and they better not complain, else this mama will strike...

I use curry leaves because the chef used that too and I find the flavor very nice...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin