Friday, November 7, 2008

I Will Survived?

I survived my first month at the new company, below is the progress:

1st week – culture shock, marathon meetings
2nd week – brain washing and expansion (unlearn and learn)
3rd week – exploration and observation
4th week – participation, slowly making sense of things around me, it’s like a jigsaw puzzle… I’m putting it piece by piece…

Engineers there are expected to become and behave like one, not just bearing the title but nowadays everyone is an engineer, now we have:

Sales engineer
Customer service engineer
Quality assurance engineer
Process engineer
Domestic engineer --- home maker LOL

One need not have an engineering major to hold an engineer title….

4 comments:

Little Inbox said...

You will...no worry.

Daphne Ling said...

Yay! Congratulations on surviving, Elaine...=)

Hope the rest of the years go smoothly...

MamaJo said...

One can become GM too mah....General Manager for house managing...he,he

Wai Wai said...

Little inbox, thanks, hope so.

Hi Daphne, nice to hear from you, "I will survive, I will survive!" there's one song that sounds like this right? The rest of the years?? Hmm.. let's hope I survived the next 3 months.. :)

Mamajo, yeah we are all GM, Finance Minister, Home Affair Minister etc... in our respective homes.. LOL

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin