Friday, May 1, 2009

My garden..

I spent time in the garden yesterday morning, uprooting "deceased" plants, repotting the "children" to their own pots, gave the old ones some uplifting and also relayout the whole family. Ta da the results...



Gardening also means contributing back to the environment for plants purify the air around us, greens also help to relax our tired eyes. I'm no expert here, learn basic gardening from my mom and I find tendering to the garden quite relaxing while allowing me to sort of "exercise" at the same time.

Let me introduce you to my garden species...

This is our very first plant and by now it should be our 10th generation (great, great, great....grandchild), we bought this during our honeymoon in Cameron Highlands in 1999.. I have 4 pots of them..

Syngonium podophyllum..originated from tropical America, I bought it from the nearby nursery.. one of the plant found to be infected by "worms" in the soil, let's see if I settled the problem..

Sansevieria... gave birth to a few "babies" which I uprooted and planted independently, time to live the nest...
Dieffenbachia... rob this from dad's collection.. the second generation... one friend thought they were artificial...

Not sure what is this called... a gift from my ex-colleague... it has since multiplied....


The "onion" flower, planted my MIL, since it's flowering, we decided not to eat it..

The purple pandan... MIL use this to cook with barley..... as a result we consumed "pink barley"..
This is suppose to be a bonsai plant... yeah I know it looks nothing like a bonsai but like curry leaves...

The "fan" plant..with its thorny branches...


Chinese like to plant this for prosperity and tie them with red ribbons.. this is a gift from a friend..
The yam plant... we have plenty of them..


Haworthia.... I did not do anything to this plant....

I'm not sure what is this called... have been living with us for quite some time through many generations..

Herbs... function is to cleanse blood, known to prevent arteries blockage, MIL took this with bread almost every morning...
Of course the famous pandan... MIL requested this from one of the neighbour..., since we feed it with rubbish enzyme, it has thrive into a fertile plant


The famous Aloe Vera plant.... a friend used to share with me that if you cut the flesh and mix it with honey, add some ice, it makes a delicious dessert... yet to try..
Well, that's about all........... I can plant so do you....you must be willing dirty up your hands only..

2 comments:

Jess said...

hi Wai Wai, you have a very well manage garden

I wish I have the passion like you in managing the green

Wai Wai said...

Hi Jess, you can if you want to...sometimes my poor garden is left to thread on its own due to my laziness... :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin