Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Parable of the Rich Fool

Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me."
Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?" Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'
Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." '
But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'
"This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."

Above passage is extracted from the Bible, Luke 12:13-21 (New International Version). It is a reality that most of us toiled day and night to gather riches on earth, some for basic livelihood some for more. We all know that life is so fragile; we could be here today and gone the next minute. We often hear this “life is short, live to the fullness, be happy and merry”.

To me, it is really amazing that God’s word is so relevant yesterday, today and in the days to come, that proofs God understands human so much that nothing that we say, think or do is beyond His comprehension. He even knows what we are about to think, say and do. In the above passage God warns us not to store up material richness for ourselves but instead be rich toward God, in other words we are to store up richness in heaven where no thieves can steal away from us. The richness in heaven is in the form of saved souls and everything that pleases God, now you may ask what pleases the Almighty God? It’s all written in the word of Life….

As a Christian it’s so important to feed upon our daily bread (God’s word) for it is the source of all the nutrients required for our soul, for those who have a Bible and it has been keeping dust, maybe it’s time to get it out and see what God has to say to you, for those who are reading the Bible daily, God continue to speak to you….I attached here a link to get you started, come taste and see that the Lord is good, it’s my daily dose of God’s word to get my day going. God bless you as you discover His richness.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Wai Wai, interesting posting.
We can't take our riches or whatever when we kick the pail.
Love the pic of you and hubby.
Are you really a 'police detective'? Ha ha.
Incidentally I have a police chief regular visitor my blog too, very humourous fellow.
Have a nice day, Lee.

Wai Wai said...

Hi Uncle Lee, hmm "police detective", oh yes that was my previous vocation but now I consider myself a "forensic expert" he he he.. you have a nice weekend ya!

MamaJo said...

Indeed GOD is precious and special....He always know when we need HIM....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin