Monday, July 19, 2010

The Last Lecture - Prof. Randy Pausch

"Your last lecture" if you are a lecturer and were given a final chance to deliver just one last lecture, what will you share and tell your students? I remembered hubby once downloaded this video and asked me to listen to it but I was not able to do it then, this morning I stumbled upon it while doing my daily devotion over the internet. I downloaded it and thought that anyone out there may learn something out of Prof. Randy Pausch's final lecture. You will hear that in one of his final comments, he stated that he believe in Karma, as a Christian I do not believe in Karma but I do believe that we will sow whatever we reap according to Galatians 6:7-8

Some notes that I personally jotted down:
When you do something wrong and if there's someone to tell you off or criticize you, it means they haven't given up hope on you..

What are the dreams you have? Walls are there to see if you really want that dream bad enough to achieve them..

When you want to pass the baton, pass to someone better than you

The best thing a teacher can do is to get your students to be self-reflective

To achieve your dreams or to become the person you are capable of being rest in the people around you, your parents, mentors, friends, colleagues, students...

Final note that stick into my mind - Do not focus on yourself but on others... Philippians 2:3-4

Most of his notes I can relate to dedicated bible verses.. may you be encouraged.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin